Friday, December 22, 2017

Fun times in Alpena, Michigan

So after our weekend in South Bend, we drove up Michigan to spend time in Alpena with grandma and grandpa and the CCs (my sister Mary and her family)!!  This is always so much fun to be in this wonderful little town in such a beautiful area of the state.  My parents have a great little house that somehow fits all of us PERFECTLY!

But...to be honest...our time in Alpena was pretty much a blur to me.  Because...we all got the stomach flu!  Actually, we think it was Norovirus.  Whatever you call it, it was not fun.  Bunny started feeling bad the second night, then by the next day more of us got it.  Hence, I didn't really take a ton of photos and I don't remember a lot of what happened!!  But if there ever was a good time to all be sick, it was then.  My parents could keep the healthy kids entertained and fed, which was SO NICE not to worry about that!!

Next visit, we'll try really hard not to get sick.  Alpena is usually a really fun place.  :o)


Hazel and Celeste -- cousin fun
Lots of dog-walking
Rockport (my rock-hounds LOVED this)
Lake Huron
dinner at the brewery
"Coffee's House"
typical for Northern Michigan....


Meijer's!!!


The kids had fun in the lake.  I skipped one lake trip, and I
just slept on the beach for the second.  :oP
Walking in a park (Rotary Park? all a blur....)

We all love Beau!!
Somehow we were healthy enough to eat
ice cream.  (Celeste had rainbow sherbet.
We can tell you that it looks the same
coming back out....)  :oP :oP
**we called it "unicorn barf" **  :oP
Auntie Mary and Uncle Justin helped put up
this mural!!
We love our cousins!!


No comments:

Post a Comment