Sunday, January 3, 2016

Durango--Day 1 (travel and bridal shower)

Well here I am, finally posting about our big trip to Colorado/New Mexico!  Even though it is 3 months overdue, I don't feel so bad since one of my sisters just posted her pics just the other day as well. :o)

My little brother Joe was getting married to his FABULOUS girlfriend Stephanie in Durango, Colorado, and the 8 of us made the journey to be a part of the celebration.

First we flew on 9/24 to Albuquerque, NM, via Phoenix, AZ.  I was surprised to learn that Albuquerque would get us closer to Durango than would flying to Denver.  And I was very excited to see a new state!

flying over the Grand Canyon, I think
 We had a short and pleasant layover in Phoenix.  The flights were both very smooth, and the kids were awesome.  We needed 7 seats which meant 3, 3, and 1.  I was the "1" with Celeste on my lap.  :o)  We had a carseat for Sedric which is *key* for traveling with a toddler/preschooler.
in Phoenix
We introduced "tiny trains" to our Thomas-
obsessed son, and they kept him busy
just as planned.
Once we landed in Albuquerque we immediately got our rental VAN (a very nice new Ford Transit) and drove the 4-5 hours to Durango.  The scenery was beautiful:

Once in Durango we found our hotel and then Marcus took us girls to Stephanie's bridal shower, thrown by her best friend Electra.  It was such a treat to be part of the shower; I'm so glad they had it right before the wedding!

Celeste met her cousin Violet for the first
time.  :o)
The kids had fun with grandma, and with
the party games.
Katie and Bunny are only 6 months apart!  It was so nice
seeing my goddaughter!  :o)
So that was Day 1.  It was a very long day, and not very exciting (that is a good thing when traveling with 6 kids!) but even on that first day we experienced beautiful landscapes, well-behaved children, and fun with relatives.  Can't beat that!  


No comments:

Post a Comment