Friday, July 22, 2016

this week ~ 3rd week in July

One of the reasons I hadn't posted for so long is that we had a change in the way we stored our photos, and I'm not particularly good with change.  But now our iPhones are sync'd with "the cloud" and all my photos are instantly uploaded and accessible, which is amazing!  I hope to still take shots with my regular camera, but this iPhone method is great for blogging.  So now that I've got THAT all figured out....

Here's a look at what's been going on this week--a pretty normal week full of activity and chaos.  ;o)

Seddy loves picking blackberries with Mrs. N and Celeste!
The kids are always FILTHY which means they are having a
ton of fun with their nanny during the summer.  ;o)
(Mrs. N keeps her 3-mornings-a-week schedule year-round)
On Tuesday I took the kids to a $1 movie in Sherwood.  We
saw "Peanuts" movie, which they had seen before and loved.
Notice Seddy wanted to bring his "Blue Blankie."
To cap off our cheap outing, we were thrilled
to see this deal-io at Burger King.
Tuesday night was a Parish Campout planning
meeting at Tess's house...and they have a POOL!!
On Wednesday I dropped off Bunny and Mariposa at Rowell
Brothers (down the road) to pick berries for an hour.
Only blueberries are left in the fields after our hot start
to the summer.
James cleaned his drawer!!!!
Bunny is quite the chef and loves making these
ham/cheese roll-ups for herself.
Marcus had a trip in San Diego and took this selfie of him at
the race track, which led me to believe maybe these are not
actually "work" trips...
Wednesday night I took some of the kids to
Migrant Ministry.  Marcus wasn't home (see above)
and I did NOT want to take them all, so I left Bunny
to watch Sedric.  It is so great to have a babysitter!
James assisted during the Mass at the camp.
Cellie loved the mini-fiesta!
After his trip, Marcus had a little flex time Thursday afternoon
and he wanted to try out his new pressure-washer (father's day
gift).  He took the whole sport court apart and washed the
concrete under it.  
This baby just paid for itself!  The Sport Court people could
be hired to come to do the work, but now we can do it ourselves!
Thursday night was a late-night date with drinks
at Clark's on Main Street and a fun trip to Walmart.
(Again...so great to have a babysitter!  We put the 2
hardest kids to bed to make it easier for Bunny.)
I try to spend my Mrs. N time in the school room but in reality
I am easily distracted.  This morning the older girls wanted to
have breakfast at the South Store.  How could I say NO
to that??  ;o)
We talked about their upcoming week at Camp
Howard and listed some tasks that had to be done.
I am just starting to like coffee after almost 40
years, and my Mexican mocha hit the spot!
Next week will be really strange without my 3 oldest kids.  We take them to camp on Sunday and I won't see them again until Friday night!  Gemma will be the big kid...scary.  ;o)  Without my helpers, I'm anticipating a harder-than-normal week for mama, but also maybe a bit quieter?  We'll see....


1 comment:

  1. That's a lot going on! Isn't it crazy to think that July is nearing its end?

    ReplyDelete