Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

Today is my 40th birthday!!

Do I feel "forty?"  I don't know...part of me has felt 40 for a long time now.  When I was a young mom in my 20s, I made friends with women who were older than me, and I still have those friends!  But in my 30s...I started making friends with moms who were younger than me as well.  So I have no idea what I "feel!"  But I can say that Forty feels Fabulous!

For my birthday Marcus made plans to take me and Bunny out to a local Japanese restaurant this past Saturday.  Or so I thought.  We made a detour to drop James off at his cousins' house for a sleepover...and (what do you know?), my friends and family were there for a SURPRISE PARTY for me!

My dear husband had been planning this since April!  :oP

After getting over the initial shock (who am I kidding, I wasn't over the shock all evening), I got to see the scope of what my husband planned.  Full dinner with appetizers and dessert...wine...and entertainment.  It was a fantastic evening!! 

While the party was at Marcus' parents' house,
he had it catered so they didn't have to provide
food or beverages.  Yum!
DD (broken ankle), Stacy (7 kids), and Sterling (from Idaho)
--these ladies went through a lot to get here!
I LOVED sharing this evening with Bunny <3
Marcus had arranged for a private PAINT NIGHT party!!!
OMG it was so much fun!
 


(I think the "blinking" is on purpose.)
The finished products.  I love how they are all the same but
they all have individual takes on the example painting...
except Sterling of course, who had to be DIFFERENT! :o)

I was showered with gifts.  I don't remember a birthday in the
last 20 years (or more!) when I received so many presents!

I have the best husband, friends, and family ever.  :o)  They made me feel so special on this big birthday!  


4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a wonderful surprise!!! Wishing you a very happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Becky! I am so sorry I missed it. Looks like a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We SO wish we could have made it! Looks like it was an awesome time :)

    ReplyDelete