Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dancing with Cinderella


Earlier this month, Marcus took Bunny to a daddy-daughter dance at St. Matthew, and it was such a wonderful experience! The dance was a sign-up event at last year's auction, so we kinda forgot about it until I saw it on my calendar, so it was a nice surprise.

Bunny and I spent the afternoon washing her hair then blow-drying and curling it, choosing the perfect outfit, and painting her face (just a little!). She was beautiful, see for yourself. **side note...while getting ready and admiring the results in the mirror, she looked at me and said, "you know, mom, it isn't THAT hard to look just a little nicer....". I took a look at myself in the mirror; I wasn't feeling well that morning so I had just thrown on some sweats and a tee, thrown my hair back, and barely brushed my teeth. Not so hot. Thanks, Bun.

Bunny was the perfect age, and had the perfect attitude, for the dance. She loved being with her daddy and wasn't self-conscious about dancing or that she was the only home schooled kid there. She just danced, sang, and had a blast! She recognized the other girls from when we go to school Mass and other activities, but didn't worry about being different or trying too hard to be part of the crowd.

She came home with her face painted "I love my daddy.". They are definitely going again next year!






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Love that picture of Bun & Marcus! She is so beautiful...oh and Marcus is pretty too.

    ReplyDelete