Saturday, February 19, 2011

time to party

The auction is over and it's time to party!

I was "in charge" of the Friday night portion of St. Matthew's auction yesterday.  Man, was it a lot of work!  Mostly this past week, and all day/night yesterday.  It reminded me of horse shows...leaving early in the morning, on your feet working all day, barely eating or getting a chance to use the bathroom, getting home late...and that great feeling of tiredness after hard work, and the feeling of accomplishment.   Don't get me wrong, there were times yesterday where I just wanted to QUIT!!! but I found out this morning that we raised $14,000 with little to no cost.  Not bad for a "community event."

I think people had fun, got some great deals.  I know what I would (will?) do differently next year.  Marcus was great with the kids and the kids were great without me (is it OK that I have mixed feelings about that?).  It will take at least this whole next week to get the house/laundry/schooling back in order but that's OK.  I am wondering, though, why did I schedule the kids' dentist appt. at 8am for Monday????

Here's a random picture--from Meghan and Sophie's birthday party 2 weeks ago.  I thought it was really cute, the two cousins sitting there together.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment