Friday, March 25, 2011

Lent

Marcus gave up sweets for lent. Yikes! He doesn't even have stevia in his coffee anymore! Bunny and I gave up brown sugar in our oatmeal (ok, so I copied her; I didn't think of anything ahead of time). James said he gave up salty nuts and soda pop, which is funny since we don't really ever have either. Mariposa keeps making things up...right now she say her dog dress that she doesn't really like anyway. She also just told me brown sugar too, but I reminded her that she just had some this morning.

I did add something though, or I guess you can stretch it and say that I "gave up" my Tuesday afternoons to go to the local abortion clinic and pray for the clients, doctor, and nurses...and for an end of abortion.


This is where I go to pray. My shift is the "too late" shift, right after the girls come out after their "procedure.". It's pretty sad. They aren't supposed to drive so the husband/boyfriend comes with them. Last time, there was a guy and a girl walking to a big pickup truck, and the guy didn't even open the door for her or help her up to her seat. I am thankful every day for what I have and that I was born into the situation that I was.


The group has had some saves in the past year, and some interaction with some clients, but mostly just prayer for what already has been done.
Ironically, the clinic used to be a natural birthing center, just beautiful in it's day I'm sure. The doctor started adding abortions to his services years ago...the midwives found out and left...and now that's all he does. Good hours, I'm sure, an easy life for him...but NO life for approx. 3-6 babies at this site every week. And years of regret ahead for the moms and dads.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I am very proud of you Becky! Abortion just might be the most horrendous sin of man today.

    ReplyDelete