Sunday, May 8, 2011

Spring is finally here

Finally, it was nice enough to work in the garden this past week. Marcus mowed down the weeds to get the garden ready for tilling--we're going to see if we can go Round-up-free this year. The strawberry beds had to be hand-weeded but that was ok, I enjoyed the time outside. Gemma was napping, and I told myself I wanted to work so hard that I would be ~glad~ when she woke up and I had to take a break. I was!


These are Hoods, and we also have some very nice Tri-stars that has berries through September. They're all still in the vegetable garden but the master plan is to move them to their own bed, maybe near the play structure.


So next we (Marcus!) need to till compost into the garden, then the planting can start! Seeds: zucchini, pumpkins, lettuce, beans, more peas. Starts: tomatoes, eggplant, annuals...and whatever looks nice at the farmers market. :o)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment