Saturday, November 23, 2013

Game Time


Concert on the Steps....see Bunny's hat?
 The band's pre-game performance on the steps of the architecture building. (Used to be on the steps of the Main Building, you know, the one with the golden dome.  The good old days.)  After the concert, the band lines up and "inspection" takes place.  I hope Bunny got to see that!  It was at inspection, back at a game in 1997, when Marcus proposed to me.  :o) (And me in my romantic band uniform and all.)  Then step-off, marching through campus to the stadium.



trying to stay warm
 Apparently in my last post, I was incorrect in my weather report.  I said the wind chill was in the 20s.  No, the actual temperature was in the 20s, and the wind chill was 9 degrees. It was the coldest home game in 22 years.  Gusts were up to 30 mph.  I'm sure Bunny was glad she brought her snow pants!

Dinner at South Dining hall. 
 I had forgotten that they put on a NICE dinner on game days!  I think I only partook in this tradition a few times.  I seem to recall going with gma H and mom.  Since I was in the band, it seemed like we could never get to the dining hall before it closed.  (I am wondering if Bunny felt like she was at Hogwarts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment