Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Fun at the State Fair

This is a time of making year-end photo books for family and loved ones...

for me, THIS BLOG is my "photo book!"

So it is important to me, even though I am very far behind, to continue to chronicle 2015 with the goal of finishing before 2016.  :o)  We have had SO many adventures the last 4 months, that I can't ignore posting them.

We normally go to the Oregon State Fair on the first day of school (because we can!) but this year, we started school a week early.  It worked out really well because I felt like we accomplished 5 1/2 days of work, and had really earned our trip.  Here are the pics:

Bunny was so excited to see the Poultry Barn (first stop).

Grammae and Papa came with us this year.
 After enjoying the birds and then spending some time in the State Park section, I stocked up on some jelly scones (yes, scones at the fair, so good!!!) for all of us.  Then, off to FamilyVille with family-friendly exhibits and shows:
There was a nice little carousel in FamilyVille.

We made our way to the display gardens, near the 4-H building.
This was a great place to eat the dinner we brought.  Nearby was
a really cool band: Rock Bottom Boys.  It was fun listening to
their music--they were very funny and talented!
Marcus made fantastic sandwiches and brought
fresh garden tomatoes and New Seasons pasta.
We like the ag building where each county has a display area.



Our friend Ann Marie's quilt
brain-teaser puzzles
Marcus got suckered into buying some ShuNu
in the commercial building.  ;o)
It's actually pretty good stuff!!
Next stop, rides
Little Kids first
Sedric's favorite color is Pinky-Pink
We both had fun on this big slide.

At this point, I took the little kids back to FamilyVille while the big kids enjoyed the big rides.  This works out well since I am not that into crazy rides!  (Maybe because my life is crazy enough.)  We found this nice little Evangelical tent where teen volunteers did a Jesus craft with Gemma and Sedric while I sat with Celeste.  The "free babysitting" was greatly appreciated!  

We all met up for our traditional Elephant Ear.

Earlier in the evening, a Fair employee mentioned fireworks at 10pm.  I laughed--yeah, right, there was NO WAY we were staying out until 10pm!  Well, guess what...

...it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment