Friday, April 8, 2011

Go, Dog, Go!

One of our favorite field trips is a visit to the Northwest Children's Theatre in NW Portland--the productions are original and fantastic, and the kids are mesmerized by child actors. Go, Dog, Go is now probably my all-time favorite! I wasn't expecting much, after all it IS a short children's book (how in the world can they make an hour+ musical out of that?), but I remember they did a good job with Goodnight Moon so I thought we'd give it a try. Like I said, fantastic! Each kid actor was a different color dog, each with his/her own unique costume and personality, and an very animated adult actor was the lead dog. There was rollerblading, acrobatics, arial work, and lots of physical acting. Perfect for a young audience! Gemma loved it and even sat through the whole performance (quite a feat).

Eating a sack lunch in the lobby:





After the show:





Of course no trip to Portland would be complete without a trip to Saint Cupcake. We crashed the cast party:





And we're all still talking about the great time we had.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment