Friday, April 15, 2011

Spring break, pt 4

At the end of the week, Marcus joined us on a trip to the zoo. It was a beautiful afternoon, after about 2,641 straight days of rain, so of course there was no parking. No problem! We went downtown to park, and rode Max west to the zoo.


The flooded rainforest was a favorite.


Twins.


Gemma also liked the ducks. Bunny got a couple of good shots.


Riding a lion cub...just like her Red Roddy at home.





Back into Portland for dinner at Noodles & Co.


And dessert at Ben &Jerry's. Mariposa is showing off a fudge Phish. James looks like his torso is on backwards, weird.


We spent some Christmas money from the kids' great-grandparents at Powell's.


James didn't exactly get a book as we had hoped...but that's ok.


Mariposa divvied up her money between princesses, MLPony, and Barbie.


Bunny chose Star Wars and American Girls History Mysteries. I chose some art books for school, and Shel Silverstein. I also wanted a cookbook but I'll wait till it comes available used (until then...library!). Marcus already spent his money on guy stuff, which is ok since he likes to read books on his Nook now.


The end.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

  1. Every picture is precious. Gemma's hair turned very light. Mariposa's beautiful 'orange' hair is really long and beautiful. Bunny and James are sooooo big and grown up.
    I can't wait to hug each of you next month.
    Can I use you 'the end' picture some time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom why do you want the "the end" picture?

    I think Mariposa's hair is my favorite--it's SOOO beautiful! I love watching these kids grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes mom, you can use the last picture :o) Maybe I don't want to know what you will use it for??? :o) We can't wait to see you next month, the kids talk about it all the time ("when is grandma coming? next week?") Erica--I will tell Mariposa that you love her hair, she will like to hear that :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell the kids that Grandpa is coming first. They'll love that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell Gemma that she is my favorite, but don't tell the others that I said that.

    Ps- I can totally see you planning out each of your blog posts. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :o) I like planning out my posts, it's easiest for me to download my pics for the week all at once, and slowly release them to the blog world over the week. So easy with the iPad!

    ReplyDelete