Sunday, July 3, 2011

NYR #8...2 more books finished

I finished this book earlier this year: "The Pioneer Woman--Black Heels to Tractor Wheels". I borrowed it from Nicole, who told me it was a really sweet love story. It is! The author has a popular blog and subsequent cookbooks, calling herself the Pioneer Woman; this is her story of how she met her cowboy husband. It is funny and romantic, and I stayed up a few late nights not wanting to put it down. Highly recommended, at least to the ladies in my life.


The fourth book I finished this year is this one by Debbie Macomber. It was somewhat recommended by a library book stocker, who lead me to this author when I asked for a light summer read. While I wasn't necessarily disappointed, it wasn't a fabulous book for me. I couldn't really identify with the main character (a woman in her 50s) so I just wasn't interested. But I finished it, so it counts, yeah!


I'm on track to meet my New Year's resolution, I can't believe it. Not only that, but I may even finish our library's adult summer reading program, something that I don't think I've ever done (despite my trying year after year). Yeah for reading!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I'll have to try the 2nd book since I'm nearly to my 50's YIKES!!!!

    ReplyDelete