Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sweet & salty brownies

Gemma is happy about my progress with NYR #2.


I haven't made two new recipes EVERY week, but I've worked toward it the best I can without stressing out over it. These Sweet and Salty Brownies were definitely worth the effort! The recipe is from one of my fav dessert cookbooks, Baked Explorations--Classic American Desserts Reinvented. I started with a rich brownie batter and added a thin layer of salted caramel sauce, then topped it with more batter. The caramel layer was subtle but so delicious! There was extra caramel sauce so I added that to ice cream and WOW was it good. I've since made more of the salted caramel sauce, just to have on hand, you know, in case of a dessert emergency. ;o)

Other great recipes this year are: Texas Caviar from the Penzey Spice catalog, Red Velvet Whoopie Pies from Baked Explorations, a pudding dessert from Angela's blog, mint Whoopie Pies from Bon Appetit magazine, and 2 creations that Marcus made: tostada breakfast and a Marionberry martini.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment