Thursday, March 7, 2013

molten chocolate cakes

Since I received a great number of requests for the Individual Molten Chocolate Cakes recipe (ok, just one request, and it was you, Angela!) I thought I would treat my readers and post the link.

This dessert is made in my household every Valentine's Day.  It is one of Marcus' favorites!  I originally found it in 2007 when looking for a sort of pudding-cake recipe.  The site, Joy of Baking, had this gem.

INDIVIDUAL MOLTEN CHOCOLATE CAKES


I almost always melt chocolate in the microwave
instead of in a double-boiler.  Be sure to use a good-
quality chocolate,  like organic dark chips from
New Seasons.  Tollhouse chips would still work but
you wouldn't get quite the same deep rich flavor.
This picture just doesn't do it justice!  They really are very
very very good.  The crunchy sugar coating is my favorite part.  :o)  

No comments:

Post a Comment