Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mani/pedi

The day before I left for Colorado, Marcus set Gemma down for a nap. Now, usually I lay down with her but I had to run into town that afternoon, and she IS "trained" to go to bed on her own (just I usually want a nap, too!). So all seemed well when she stayed in bed all afternoon and then woke up later in the early evening.

I was home when she woke up. She called me from the stairs and she seemed upset about something. I walked up to get her and noticed that her feet were all red! I wondered if it was blood, even though it didn't quite look like blood, so I rushed her downstairs in the light when I realized it was....nail polish! She got into my nail polish collection and had given herself a mani/pedi in bed before falling asleep, and now she felt really ashamed and probably scared that she would get in trouble.


We were too tired to yell; all we could do was shrug our shoulders and try to clean her up. She said she had a headache, probably from the fumes. We were glad that it wasn't blood (although the bed sheets did look like a murder scene). Only Ding Dong.....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Poor Gemma. I hate to see my Grandchild crying. She was just being a girly girl.

    ReplyDelete