Monday, April 2, 2012

Mom's race

I arrived in Colorado late Saturday night and went straight to Erica and Carter's in Longmont. Early Monday morning dad took me to Palm Sunday Mass in Boulder and then straight to the Boulder Res for mom's 5 mile race!





My mom has recently lost weight, over 100 pounds. She thinks back to this time last year and how she didn't want to walk from Grey's house to the nearby park. Now she did a 5-mile race!!!!
Dad and I made it with about 20 minutes to spare so we got a good spot to watch for mom.





Erica, Carter, Mary, Joe and Justin all walked with mom. Here they are in the homestretch!





The race had a half-marathon, 10 mile, and 5 mile.





She won a medal....





...and a third-place trophy in her age group!





It was such a wonderful morning.






Good job mom!! We are so proud of you!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment