Friday, July 13, 2012

The garden keeps growing

I haven't been out in the garden pretty much at all during these last 2 weeks of "vacation" but Marcus has been faithfully watering everything, and with the recent heat (relatively speaking) things are doing well.


Mariposa likes planting various things in various places. I taught her how to look for seeds in spent flowers like chives and columbine. She also finds old, dead-ish unplanted annuals and plants them for me. :o)





Peas would be 7 feet tall if they didn't flop over. This year we (accidentally) chose a great variety that is not stringy at all, even if the pods get huge!


We just grow peas for fun, not for a major harvest. And it has been fun to have a snack when we're out working as a family.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm I love peas! What kind did you grow? I'll have to remember for next year!

    Also, baby Sedric is SO CUTE!! I can't wait to meet him :) We miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your kids are good helpers! They are learning such good gardening skills from you!

    ReplyDelete