Tuesday, August 5, 2014

crockpot lasagna primavera

Wow, it's been a while since I did a recipe post!

The other week I tried a new recipe, Crockpot Lasagna Primavera.  I clipped this one from either Woman's Day or Family Circle.  I am always looking for good crockpot recipes since the 4 o'clock hour is hard enough with kids!

This recipe is nutrient-packed but by no means low-fat.  I found the work to be very similar to a normal oven lasagna, with the only benefit being assembling it early and then having a hot meal ready a few hours later.  Oh, and it used regular noodles but did NOT require pre-boiling, so that was a nice feature.


A whole box of kale, and a ton of carrots.
And a lot of high-fat creamy goodness.
layer assembly
The finished product.
 I always ask myself (and Marcus), "Would I make this again?"  Yes, I think I would.  It was very very thick, not soupy or runny at all. The flavor was good and Marcus and I liked it although it wasn't a knock-me-over amazing dish.  Gemma and Mariposa did not care for this lasagna but Sedric gobbled it, and I think James and Bunny would've liked it if they were home.  It was a lot of work, but this would be a fine recipe on dance lesson days when I am free in the early afternoon but not right before dinner.

Bonus picture--view of the main garden from the girls' room....  (late July)


1 comment:

  1. mmm I might have to try that recipe, it sounds good! only maybe using kale from my garden, I have so much........

    I LOVE LOVE the photo from the girls room, it really helps me picture the entire garden! What a great view! You should do a series of photos, maybe one a month (next year?) showing the garden progress. I wish I had a high up view like that of my garden!

    ReplyDelete