Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bunny, the published writer

Bunny regularly writes for the Kid Scoop section of our local paper, as part of school (letter writing exercise). We do this about once a month, and she almost always gets published, likely in the name of diversity since she's the only homeschooler that writes in.


This time the question was "What will you remember most about this school year?". This is what she wrote:


Which is funny to me, since her school ~should~ only take 2 hours or less. But she remembers this one day after weeks of struggling/dragging feet that we worked hard and quickly and she finished her lessons before lunch. Looking back I think this was a turning point because she remembers how good it felt to get her work done without all the normal complaining.

I don't know how I feel about this being published, though. Either people will think, wow, homeschooling sounds great, it takes so much less time! or they will think, that poor child, she obviously can't learn everything in just 2 hours a day. Hopefully I won't get turned in to the truancy officer.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment