Friday, April 12, 2013

Altar Society Bake Sale

Every Holy Saturday our Altar Society holds a bake sale as a fundraiser for church supplies (like candles, wine, hosts, etc.).  Some years it's just so hard for me to make something, but other years...well it's either feast of famine, I think.  This year we made carrot cake cupcakes, cinnamon rolls, and homemade bread, and Bunny brought some eggs.  In all we made about $70 for the St. Matthew Altar Society!
kneading the cinnamon roll dough; the
carrot cake cupcakes in the background
waiting to be frosted
best recipe ever!  from the Oregonian
we made 4 pans of cinnamon rolls
3 of the 4 loaves of 5-grain bread
I don't think Mariposa was too keen on giving away
all these goodies....
We supported the bake sale more by buying goodies!
(the kids even used their own allowance money)

3 comments:

  1. Your bread looks fabulous! I think I have the recipe written down - I need to find it! I haven't been making much homemade bread lately...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmm you have a talented cooking/baking family! What did the kids pick? What are their favorite desserts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teaching the children that service work is good!

    ReplyDelete