Friday, May 24, 2013

Grandma and Grandpa's visit

Wow, it's hard to believe that it was over a WEEK ago that my parents flew in for a visit!

Dinner at Panda Express near the airport
We got a 12-passenger van so we wouldn't feel squashed...
so why are all 4 seats in the back row full???
Sedric was happy to see grandma and grandpa
from the very start.
On Friday, my dad and I drove into Home Depot for some fencing material, and once we got home it took only 30 minutes to get our new "auxiliary" garden fenced and secure.  He showed me (and Mariposa, my garden helper) how to put in the T-posts and roll out the field fencing, then secure it with zip ties (it's a temporary garden; we'll probably expand it next year).  The chickens will be kept out of the garden at least, and hopefully deer will think it's too much trouble as well.  We'll see!

Friday night brought cousin Lukie's birthday party:


And Saturday morning brought pancakes as always:
 We did more outdoor work on Saturday morning, then a nice lunch using my FRESH garden greens, yum!!  
Yes, I do like to take photos of my food.  Deal with it.
So the reasons my parents came to visit were tri-fold: first, for James' special day, second, to spend time with half their grandkids :o), and third, to help with my garden.  
James and grandpa working on a motor kit project.
Of course, I have lots of pics of James' first communion...I'll pace that for another post.  Here's one for now:
More to come!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely!Sounds like a very nice family gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How blessed you are to have your parents come to visit so often! What wonderful grandparents they are.
    Did I tell you that I am going to be a grandma???? Yes, my daughter Kendra is due with her first on December 23rd! A terrible month for us (we don't need any more occasions) but I know God knows better!

    ReplyDelete