Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Back to School

Monday August 25th was back-to-school time!!

I was ~mostly~ ready to start school.  :o)  Well, my mind was ready but the planning was not as complete as I would've liked, thanks to that horrifically busy week between camping and school.  (That whole week was supposed to be dedicated to school prep, but it was filled with necessary appointments and commitments, and I didn't have ANY of my last year's school files due to the computer crashing).  Argh.  Oh well.

So I started with just some hand-typed lessons plans for each kid, and away we went.  And you know what?  It was just fine. While there are always some kinks to work out, we are now on our 6th week of school and mostly on track.  Not bad!

Gemma is continuing her reading lessons, and she is also
adding Religion and Art Appreciation (in addition to math).
Her lessons take 30 minutes 3 or 4 times a week.
Bunny has a full course load of 6th/7th grade
work!  Most is independent but I still work with
her for about 1-2 hours 3 days a week.
James is doing awesome!  He is mostly 5th
grade now and almost all independent.  For
the most part I just correct his work; there's
 not much that I personally teach him this year.
I couldn't find a picture of my darling 3rd grader Mariposa, but she too is doing very well.  Her reading comprehension is awesome, as is her math (which is mostly independent).  We like doing science and history together in the afternoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment