Friday, June 19, 2015

Foodie Friday--Rhubarb-Raspberry Pie

Willamette raspberries are in season…and so is rhubarb-raspberry pie!!!


This is one of my favorite pies.  I only make it this time of year, with these delicious raspberries.  These raspberries taste like summer!!!  They are bursting with raspberry-ness.

This pie is for rhubarb-lovers for sure, but even rhubarb-tolerators have told me that they like this combo.

helping with the dough
 Recipe: 1.5 pounds sliced rhubarb (about 4 cups), 2 cups raspberries, 1.25 cups sugar or to taste, 1/3 cup flour, and the juice of 1/2 lemon.  Remember to dot the top with pats of butter!

The dough recipe is mom's:  2 cups flour + 1 teaspoon salt, cut in 2/3 cup + 2 Tablespoons Crisco (I like to measure then chill for awhile), then mix in 3-5 Tablespoons cold ice water until a dough forms.  Makes 2 crusts--top and bottom.


Bake at 350 for 1.25-1.5 hours.  I cover the edges with foil until the last 15-20 minutes.  This recipe is from Martha Stewart's sister, Rita Christensen, and I copied it from the MSLiving magazine almost 15 years ago.

Everyone in my home likes this pie except Marcus, who hates rhubarb.  :oP  This pie is very very sweet and tart and flavorful!  It tastes like candy.  :o)  What a great time of year!



No comments:

Post a Comment