Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Back to school prep

I'm quite behind on my blogging, and this is why...back to school preparations!! Yay!!

Last week I worked to gather all the necessary books and write lesson plans. These are some of Bunny's books:


She has a lot of reading this year, especially for history. I'll also have her reading some classics and some science supplemental nonfiction. She likes reading and is good at it, and she learns very well from books. Below are James' books (the stack on the left, top shelf):


He will be doing mostly 3rd grade (math, science, history, Greek/Latin roots) and some 2nd grade (phonics, religion). His reading has improved greatly this summer but I can't take the credit; I think it's just that he's older and the reading-part of his brain is more mature. Honestly, I was surprised at how well he read today! Below is Mariposa's stack:


She still doesn't have much to do as a K/1st grader. We're doing some bible stories, math worksheets, poetry memorization, art, and phonics.

These are some of my books:


I use a Catholic teacher planner along with a binder to corral all my papers. I now have the lessons done for the first 3 weeks and we even have our first field trip planned (an Oregon Trail museum) so we are doing good! Now if I can just get my bookshelf in order....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Nice job being organized. It looks like you're ready. Have a good school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to actually enjoy going back to school each year (though I'm sure I probably may have complained...). I hope your kids feel the same way! Are they excited?

    ReplyDelete