Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Big fun at the state fair

So hard to blog now that school has started!

Luckily I have some old posts in the wings, just have to finish them. This one is of the state fair...Bunny stole my thunder with her blog post on the same topic, and hers is much better (bunnysblogandmore.blogspot.com). But here is my version, with many of the same pictures.

(I should be starting breakfast for the kids right now but oh well. All my family has updated their blogs so now if feel like I should do the same.)

Anyway, every year we go to the state fair on the first Monday it opens--free kids admission and half-price rides! This year we were so happy when grammae and papa got off work early so they could come with us.


First we see some small farm animals, then on our way through the cow barn and to see the draft horses. A dairy princess was giving a talk on milking (I know how this cow feels...although since she is a show cow I think she might get baths more often than I do):


Always fun to spin the dairy booth wheel. Gemma won a free ice cream cone!


Exotic animals are fun too. I loved that we were allowed to touch the tortoises:


Doin' the elbow dance:


Ferris wheel was fun but a little scary!





Bunny is still 9 in this picture (but not for long):


The two big kids got to go on a lot of adult rides! They REALLY want to got to Cedar Point next year....





The two little girls were content with smaller rides:








Although if you know Gemma, she would've liked to try at least ONE crazy ride....


Mariposa and James are in the bottom left of the pic:





Very brave for trying the scrambler; I wouldn't do it:


Sedric was very impressed with the fair:


We like being at the fair at night when all the lights come on.








Then every year we end our trip with a giant mammoth ear!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. that looks like a lot of fun!! Loks like the kids had fun as well as adults!!!

    Happy 9/11

    ReplyDelete
  2. looooooove the picture of Gemma concentrating so hard on that motorcycle(?) ride!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that picture too. And I'm happy to see she is wearing her backpack.

    ReplyDelete