Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Around the World in 12 dishes

Earlier this month Marcus and I had the great privilege of attending a dinner hosted by Fr. Peter!  My friends Sterling and Lisa had bid on, and won, the dinner at last year's school auction, and invited us to attend.  The auction theme was "the Great Outdoors" so Fr. Peter chose to make dishes from different countries.  They were all delicious (except the cucumber dip, because I don't dig cukes). I wish I wrote down all the different dishes, but I didn't, so my memory will have to do.

Marcus sampling the appetizers
Plate of appetizers:  hmm, I think they were:
Russian eggs, feta bread (greek), tchokiti cucumber dip
 (Turkey), risotto fritter (Italy), something else I don't
remember, and ...a cricket!!! (Mexico)
There were three main dishes that were all wonderful:
pork (Hungary), lamb? (?), and a great fish dish (Sweden?)
Held at Jackson Bottom Reserve center
(going with the outdoor theme)
Thank you, Sterling, Lisa, and Michaels, for inviting us!  We had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment