Thursday, February 28, 2013

Maple Oat Scones

Sorry for the delay in blog updates!  I didn't get a chance to sort my pics last weekend like usual, so I didn't have any ready to publish this week.  :o(  I have been feeling guilty for disappointing all my loyal readers (all three of you) so I knew I needed to carve out some time to get a few photos on.

I was going to do a post about our great President's Day adventures last week, but Bunny beat me to it (check out her post on her blog).  So instead, I will share some baking that my middle child and I did recently.

As one of our 5 new recipes for February, Mariposa and I
decided to make Maple Oat Scones for snack.
As with most scone recipes, this one required
no electric mixer.
I love when scones are pre-cut so they have nice crusty edges. 
Here is the recipe, from my new cookbook (a Christmas
present from my goddaughter Eliot--thank you!!)
Scones with the maple glaze
A winner!  I loved these but I didn't know what the kids
would think.  They were a little dry and oatmeal-y (I did use
our ever-present 5-grain oatmeal mix instead of plain oats).
The kids REALLY liked these!  The glaze was really the
icing on the cake...er...scone. 
Seddy gave us one of his cheesy smiles to show that
he liked the scones, too.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment