Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Field trip to Bob's

Oop, I guess I've been away from blogging for awhile. Two weeks is a long time, I can't believe it's been that long! I have some pictures that are sitting here in my iPad that are just ~waiting~ to be posted. Here are some....

On Tuesday morning when grandma and grandpa were here, we took a field trip to Bob's Red Mill in Milwaukie.


We didn't get to tour the actual factory/plant, but we did get a nice bonus: a visit from Bob!


He was very nice and posed for pictures. I wonder if he does this for every tour, every day?


I think grandma was most excited.


Corn:


A table was set up with lots of grain samples. Gemma liked this part.


The older kids liked seeing how you get wheat berries from the plant:


The tour guide would ask questions, and every time a kid would answer, she would give him/her a token for a free cookie. Bunny was the first to answer of course! (the question was: each grain hopper holds 2000 pounds. What is that equal to?). James' question was about George Washington, and Mariposa's had something to do with a merry-go-round, I don't remember.


So we made our way to the store, about a mile away. I had been there before so I came with a list.:o). I love the bean and whole grain soup mix! I also bought some bulk Chia seeds (yes like the Chia pet).





We took a quick trip across the street to Dave's Killer Bread. All in all a very healthy field trip!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments: