Sunday, November 20, 2011

Halloween

A little late, but I still wanted to post this....

This year we dressed up as Star Wars characters of course. :o). The kids got to choose first, and I was very surprised when Mariposa did NOT chose Princess Leia, but then it made sense when she wanted to be Padme/Queen Amidala. That was an easy one since she really wanted to wear Eliot's dress. No sewing! James wanted to be Anakin; he was really into helping me design the costume and going to pick out the perfect material at Joann's. I think I might teach him how to sew soon.... Bunny wanted to be Commander Cody which is apparently different from normal troopers (?) so she had a lot to say about her costume, too. You can see that I was Princess Leia and Marcus was Han Solo.


Marcus modified Bunny's helmet to make it look like Commander Cody's. He also spray-painted this super-soaker that we found at Goodwill. I appliquéd the fleece onto Bunny's white shirt and black leggings. She is also wearing her old Tae Kwon Do pads.


Gemma's outfit was fun. Her hat is a bowl!


Grammae had me stage this picture, just like in the movie. :o)


Thank you Nicole and Brian for hosting another great Halloween party!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

  1. Is Gemma wearing a hand-knit hat from Auntie Erica under her helmet bowl??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! She and James wear it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are they owl hats like newborn Grey's hat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. no, that one is a plain grey hat--very pretty (or handsome, depending on who is wearing it) :o) Becky

    ReplyDelete