Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving day

Thanksgiving day this year was just as wonderful as alway. :o). After Mass in the morning, we went up to grammae and papa's house for food and fun. First, the fun! I had brought some games along to keep the kids busy in between videos. Sophie and Gemma's favorite was their own version of Connect Four:


This kept them busy for a while. Gemma even played on her own. Marcus took this cute shot:


Mariposa loves puzzles, so we started one and then got some extra help halfway through:


Uncle Shane played Trouble with James:


All the while, the kitchen was buzzing. Fr. Juan is such a good cook, he can stir the gravy and check his iPhone at the same time!


We brought wine, Marcus made crudite and lemon meringue pie, and I made my "famous" jello:


The kids' table:


My very full plate(s)...I don't think I'll post a picture of my very full stomach after I ate all this delicious food.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Hi Becky,

    I am intrigued by the jello.
    Share the recipe??

    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela,

    Just look in your Jello cookbook for Rainbow Jello. What, you don't have a Jello cookbook? I thought everyone had a Jello cookbook! ;o)

    I googled "rainbow jello" so I wouldn't have to type the recipe, and I was surprised to see all the subtle variations. I finally found the one I use:

    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cookbook:Rainbow_Jell-O

    I use a 9x13 glass pan, and I don't unmold (I just serve it from the dish). Big hit with the kids, and I must admit, a hit with the adults as well. :o). Becky

    ReplyDelete