Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Turkey Trot

Rain or shine, we go to the Hillsboro Parks & Rec Turkey Trot every year.

First was the pre-K race, so that included both Mariposa and Gemma.


Mariposa was off like a shot! She ended up getting 2nd place (girls) which was the best any of our kids have ever done. I think Mariposa must've got all of my recessive genes. (Gemma on the other hand came in last, but she ran the whole half-lap and had a great time.)


James ran in the 1st grade race, a WHOLE lap. That is really long for a little kid! He did great, ran the whole race, and finished in the middle of the pack.


The 3rd graders had to run two laps. Bunny was fantastic, had some great strategic moves, and finished 4th (girls).


Great job, kids!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. Such good runners. I'm so proud of each of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun--I was going to run a 5K Turkey Trot myself but then I stayed up too late the night before and slept in instead! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica - you didn't say anything about James' hat...he looked really cool wearing it! (Marcus)

    ReplyDelete