Sunday, November 20, 2011

Our annual fall beach trip

Last old post of the day, I promise! After today I will post some new ones....

Usually, when people hear "a day at the beach" they think hot, sunny, splashing around while wearing bathing suits, etc. Not so on the Oregon coast. We were just thrilled that the sun was out and it wasn't raining...fantastic weather by Oregon coast standards. Last year there was a big storm and we didn't even get ON the beach, so this year is great! Anyway, the kids had fun even if they did have to bundle up like it was winter...





Only one problem: Gemma was only satisfied with the sand toys for so long. Then she made a habit to take off running towards the water:


Marcus took each of the 3 older kids, one at a time to explore some rocks:


I was left chasing Ding Dong:


Bunny found a nice quiet place for independent play:


And James made use of his time by trying to send Gemma to China. I didn't stop him.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. ok here James is definitely wearing that hat I was talking about in the older post!

    how funny, Gemma ran toward the ocean when I was there too! she's quite the spunky individual, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Gemma looks pretty happy about going to China, too! :-) Reminds me of Garfield when he was always trying to send Odie to Bora Bora :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For James - did you ever get Gemma to China? I tried to lock Uncle Joe in the dog barn a few times when I was little...

    ReplyDelete