Thursday, December 8, 2011

Altar Society Christmas Party

Last Sunday I had the great pleasure of hosting a Christmas party for my Altar Society circle. As you can see, they are older ladies, all of whom used to host these types of events but now either live in a small apartment or it is too much work to host at their homes. I am very happy that I can throw a party like this for them, with my "youth" (it's a relative term), large house, and supportive husband.


Daisy was a really big hit. Ruth happens to be a dog lover, and I think Daisy could sense that! Ruth wanted to take Daisy home with her....


We had a nice luncheon. I served a ham, scalloped potatoes, rolls, and drinks. The ladies brought delicious salads and desserts. Then we had a simple gift exchange:


I let Bunny choose for me, and she got the perfect gift: a pen and pencil set. She loves them. :o).


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. What a nice thing to do!

    I find it interesting that there are no young women in Altar Societies these day - if you parish is lucky to even have an Altar Society anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Christian Mother's at St. Anthony's is mostly older women also. I think alot of mom's are working or busy with other activities. I bet Bunny enjoyed being included with the ladies!

    ReplyDelete