Friday, December 23, 2011

Muffins with Eliot

On Wednesdays we have Eliot over for the afternoon for a playdate before Religious Ed. class at St. Matthew. This past week I put her to work :o) by making snacks:


The girls made mini muffins with mini chocolate chips. They used my famous muffin mix (ok it's not famous but it sounds impressive if I say that).


MUFFIN MIX
8 cups flour (I use half whole-wheat pastry flour)
3 cups sugar (sometimes I use the unrefined kind from our bulk bins)
3 tablespoons baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons nutmeg

To make muffins use 2 3/4 cup mix with 1 egg, beaten, 1 cup milk and 1/2 cup oil or melted butter. Bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes (less for mini muffins). Ideas for mix-ins include 1 cup blueberries, chocolate chips, 1/2 cup mashed banana, 1 cup dried fruit, or 1 cup diced fresh peach. For an extra special treat, melt 6 tablespoons butter and add 6 tablespoons brown sugar...put 1 tablespoon (or so) in the bottom of each muffin tin along with 2 or 3 pecans, then add the batter on top. Yum!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment