Friday, December 16, 2011

More fun with grandma

On Monday we had some fun things to do in Hillsboro. As we drove into town, grandma said, "Next time I come to visit, I want to do two things: I want to go to Mount Hood, and I want to visit a Mexican grocery store.". Why wait until the next visit, why not do one of them now? So here we are at the Super Mercado:


Picking out Mexican pastries:


Then lunch at Wendy's (we had coupons of course, grandpa would be proud):


Then we went to Target to pick out toys. Grandma set a $10 limit and they each chose great toys: Star Wars figures, a Lego set, Moon Dough, and a Cabbage Patch dolly. Then we chose the identical toys to give to a local toy drive. The kids loved doing that!





Thank you for coming to visit us, grandma!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun, miss you guys lots!

    Mom, I love that scarf--I have the same one! (remember you bought me the yarn and pattern a couple years ago?) I didn't know you made it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, Erica, I made it too. Only I started it a year or two ago and just finished it before I flew to Oregon. I guess better late than never.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture at the end! You're looking so fantastic Grandma Paula!

    ReplyDelete