Thursday, November 6, 2014

It's a.....GIRL!!


We are pleased to announce the arrival of....

Mary Celeste

who was born at 5:19pm on Tuesday, November 4th.

We'll be calling her by her middle name, Celeste.

Celeste was 8 pounds, 8 ounces and 20.5 inches when she was born.

It was a BEAUTIFUL day for a birth, and in particular a home birth.  Easy labor started in the morning, and my 2 midwives and 2 apprentices came around 10:30am.  My water broke at noon, but even through the early afternoon the contractions were still easy.  One of my favorite parts of the day was taking a walk with Marcus, around our property, in the misty November afternoon weather, still not feeling much labor pains.

After hard(er) labor started in mid-afternoon, we discovered that our little baby had a surprise for us:  she was breech!  At that point we made the easy decision to continue with our plans for a home birth.  An hour later, after an intense, focused effort to deliver safely, Celeste was born.  It was a magical, beautiful, meaningful birth.

We are still in awe and so grateful for the way the whole day evolved and ended.  My midwife Tracy made it all possible, along with a 2nd midwife Katie and two very awesome apprentices Saige and Megan.  When the breech position was discovered, a 3rd midwife even made her way to our home, and just barely missed the birth.  I felt completely supported and confident that these ladies knew just what to do, and the outcome could not have been better!

I'm hunkering down in bed for a few days, but once I make it downstairs to download pictures (over the weekend?) I will be sure to post lots, and maybe even more of the birth story as well. 

Thanks for all the prayers!!!  :o)

3 comments:

  1. Praise be to God!!! I'm so thrilled for you and your family. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good! And once this little joy was "late", I just had a feeling she would be born on Grandpa's angelversary and I am so glad! You know the preciousness of a newborn and I'm sure you will soak it all in. Congratuations to you, Marcus and all the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear your good news!!!! I'm sure grandpa had a hand in the birth!!! Welcome little Celeste (love her name)!!!

    ReplyDelete