Sunday, June 10, 2012

A fun Saturday

Yesterday we had a great morning...well, ok, I had a great morning. :o). Gemma woke me up "early" at about 7am, which isn't super-early for me but I have been so tired from waking up every 2 hours each night (potty breaks). I brought her downstairs and found that Marcus had already done the WinCo grocery shopping and was putting everything away before starting Saturday pancakes. So I went back upstairs for a nap. ;o). It was the best nap ever! I was finally comfortable (mornings are usually best for me).

When I woke up at around 9am, Marcus had made pancakes and fed the kids already. I was all set to heat up my pancakes in the microwave, but NO Marcus had saved some batter for me to make fresh pancakes! Yum!

All morning we worked as a family, cleaning the house for family dinner and starting to prepare the food. I was putting together an ice cream cake and Marcus marinated some flatiron steaks (that's "flatron" to you, Joe). At about lunchtime we left for a graduation party:





Our family friends' oldest son graduated from homeschool and will be going to an innovative Catholic college that concentrates on film/media and business. Once home, we finished getting ready for dinner (set up the kids' table, got drinks ready, etc.) before our guests came at around 4/4:30. Here is Gemma giving a tour of the garden to Fr. Juan:


After dinner the kids put on a sword fight for us to watch:


A great evening, always really fun to have the family over for dinner!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment