Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Garden planted? Check!

The garden is finally "done!". Ok so there is still weeding, watering, feeding, and general upkeep to do the next few months before we hopefully get a harvest, but I am so happy everything is planted. I had a lot of fun this past week in my planting blitz, but gardening at 37 weeks pregnant takes a lot out of a person. The pictures make the garden look boring and sparse, but soon it will be a jungle. Here is the view from the back deck:


This shows the row of potatoes in the foreground...I hope then do ok since they were just old sprouted potatoes that I kept in the garage for a few months. The bench-looking thing is where I hope to have a real bench if we get around to buying one. The "bed" has beets, 3 tomatoes, parsley, mini pumpkins, and flowers. Along the back fence are tomatoes to the left and dahlias (came up from last year!) and beans in the middle:


Bunny's flowers (see previous post) and the "hot bed" of eggplant, peppers, and basil (tomatoes in the background):


This shows one row of tomatoes and then the dahlias/beans. I have 21 tomato plants scattered throughout the garden this year, and 3 more to be planted by the play structure. I think I have an addiction. The straw by the octagon deck is where I put the "Dill's Atlantic Giant" pumpkin:


Another row of tomatoes, with giant sunflowers along the wall:


I'm sure the pumpkins won't be as good as Shane's, but they will be fun to grow for the kids anyway:


The perennial bed is one of my favorite things, and it looks so full at this time of year:


Another shot of the "eclectic" bed:


So yes, I think I'm done...with the vegetable garden at least. Now I can get concentrating on having this baby! Oh, I still have a few outdoor tasks to keep me busy...like planting the kids' tomatoes, weeding outside the fence, and possibly planting some more flower seeds around here and there. But it is satisfying to know that the vegetables are done--just in time before a solid week of good ol' Oregon liquid sunshine....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment