Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A gardener's work is never done

Also on Sunday...here are some of the weeds I pulled from the patio area and the garden entrance:


Still a lot more weeds to do (and I can guarantee that they won't be pulled anytime soon! That was hard work!). Bunny, James, and I finally planted the last 3 tomato plants by the play structure:


They are all cherry varieties so they can have snacks while they play this summer.


Earlier this spring I had bought some perennials from a friend's plant sale. (Did you know that people out here have plant sales, just like garage sales? My friend divided her perennials last October...and perennials from her friends...and sold them this May. She raised hundreds of dollars for her family's upcoming trip to Disneyland!). Anyway, here are some of her perennials that I tacked onto the end of the new strawberry bed:


Also, finally got that last poor pumpkin in the ground (the cages will hopefully protect them from kids and dogs):


I'm now 38 weeks and 2 days. I think I might be done gardening other than maintenance. We'll see....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. You've done a beautiful job on your gardens Becky! And at 9 months pregnant, I can't believe what you are still doing! Dad's not surprised, but I am.

    ReplyDelete