Thursday, June 28, 2012

Sedric greets some visitors

At 11am today (Sedric 13 hours old) Marcus left to pick up the kids from VBS. I had a nice lunch of tortilla soup and butter cake (Andaluz orders in from restaurants) and a nap before the visitors came at 2pm. They were treated to a messy diaper change:


But they were fascinated. They love their brother!!! They were all just enthralled with him at first sight. James wanted to see the umbilical cord stump and then the feet, and Bunny and James were interested in seeing my belly. I think they thought there was another baby in there.




















Grammae drove separately so that she could drive the kids back home. I think they went to Aidan/Lukie's house to play. Marcus stayed here at the birth center and watched Sedric while I got a massage here in the room (fabulous!), and then we ordered dinner and lounged around in bed with our little boy. A nice romantic dinner just the 2 of us :o) oh yeah and the little squirmy wormie laying in bed. I took a quick shower and Marcus just left to take over at the homestead for the night. Looking forward to a quiet evening and night with my new little boy!

Marcus comes in the morning after taking the kids to VBS. He will drop me off at home, with Hannah there to watch Gemma, while he goes back to VBS for their closing Mass and potluck. Then we start our time as a family of 7!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. I love the pic of Bunny and James with Sedric. So precious!
    Is Gemma confused about your belly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gemma knows that there was a baby in there and now the baby is out, and his name is Sedric. I don't know what she thinks of all that, though. :o). She probably doesn't think my belly is "big" anymore since she would compare it too just the other day when it was HUGE but the older kids compare it to what they know as normal from 9 months ago. I like Gemma's take better. :o)

    ReplyDelete