Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday in Hawaii

Last night was an opening reception on the lawn just a short walk from our room. We sat with some friends that I remembered from Costa Rica. The food was great, a nice Hawaiian buffet but not TOO Hawaiian (not ~everything~ had coconut and pineapple). I had some salad, little pieces of fried chicken, grilled veggies, mahi mahi with mango salsa, and cute little mini desserts of banana cream pie, strawberry tart, and chocolate cake. Marcus tried the coconut lime bread pudding too. Every year they give a gift and this year they gave us sunglasses! We got to choose our style: Marcus choose aviator and I chose a pair with lenses smaller than I usually choose since we both just bought new sunglasses (although I suspect these new ones are much nicer than the ones I just bought!). Here is a view of the lawn:


We went to bed relatively early and woke up early too (3 hour time difference, not as bad as a lot of the guests but still enough). We sat out on our patio and read/iPad'd/hung out:


Breakfast was a "business meeting" which just means that they had to talk about 3 minutes of business to justify calling this a "business trip.". Nice buffet brunch. Marcus went off to the team-building event which included a crazy boat ride, snorkeling, and a sort of treasure hunt. Since I was not allowed on those type of boats, and I wasn't that thrilled with being on a catamaran for hours either, I just stayed back and lounged by the adult pool:


I got almost halfway through my book (Twilight #3), took a nice swim, and only got a LITTLE burnt. I ordered lunch poolside too and then Marcus came back and joined me around 1:30pm. Another nice swim but but by this time the pool was getting crowded with Taleo people so we went to our room to take a nap. Now we are getting ready to go into Kona to go out to dinner with some friends. More tomorrow....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

  1. Looks SO nice!!! Glad you guys are having a great, relaxing time!! You took the nice weather with you when you left so I'm really envious of the sunshine and relaxation you're experiencing! Thanks for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about leaving you with rain :o) but I'm sure glad my garden is getting watered while we're gone! Although I'm sure Bunny and James would've done a GREAT job. At least now they don't have to worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS--Joe--you really need to get into sales.... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky, I was just telling Joe that yesterday!! Looks like you're having a fabulous time :) I'm very jealous!

    ReplyDelete