Sunday, May 20, 2012

More garden shots

The last post was so popular (at least with Erica and Meghan) :o) I thought I would do an update. Here is a beautiful huge yellow columbine that just came into bloom:


It looks like a shooting star. The older strawberry beds are doing great and we are expecting a bumper crop right about when the baby is due:


Lots of chives, the bees and bugs love the flowers. And there is that big purple columbine again. The poor coral bells are being crowded out by black-eyed susans; note to self, need to divide it next year even more than I already did this year.


This is a little "blue eyed grass" that is just so tiny and cute:


The yellow iris bloomed. The kids say this one smells like lemon, and the purple ones smell like Froot Loops:


The dianthus is coming into bloom, except the one plant that a darn gopher pushed up. This one is in a front bed, gopher free:


I finished the new strawberry bed and the kids helped me plant some sunflowers and annual starts. Bunny is in charge of watering so I know they will be well taken care-of! (gratuitous belly shot for my dad)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment